Dr. Roz’s Healing Place is a centre for empowerment and healing that works towards the eradication of violence against women and their children locally, nationally and globally. Our vision is to identify all forms of violence with special focus on systemic anti-black racism.
Dr. Roz’s Healing Place recognizes that violence against women is a health issue. Through the delivery of innovative programs and services, Dr. Roz’s Healing Place helps empower women to make positive life changes through the cultivation of a holistic lifestyle.
To fulfill our mission, our vision is to:
- Provide abused women (16 years and older) and their children with safe refuge, individual and group crisis counselling, advocacy, and follow-up services.
- Strive to ensure that all those who identify as women and their dependents who experience violence will be provided access to emergency shelter services, regardless of their political or religious beliefs, whether they identify as a cisgender or transgender woman, their ethnocultural background, ability, or sexual orientation.
- View violence against women as a criminal act. Recognize that it is not an issue of individual pathology, but a serious societal problem that crosses all cultural and economic boundaries. Believe that its practice is perpetuated by a patriarchal system that devalues women and children and condones the use of violence to control them.
- Educate professional and community groups about Violence against Women issues. Promote an attitude of community responsibility for Violence against Women response and prevention.
- Participate in social action aimed at legal and institutional reform in an effort to alleviate the effects and eliminate the incidents of Violence against Women.
- Promote the empowerment of women with a view towards increasing individual self-sufficiency and a collective capacity to challenge the structures that continue to oppress women.
A life without violence, is the ONLY life to live.